Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life here lately and some prayers requests.

Prayer requests first because they weigh heavy on my heart....... My grandma (whom I love dearly) is in the hospital tonight. She may have to have emergency surgery. Praise God, she is doing better than we thought she was when we initially heard the news. Grandma has crummy lungs and only normally operates at about 40% lung capacity. Well, now she is dealing with a bowel perforation. Surgery isn't a great option because of her lung issues (and other things). Anyways, she is holding her own right now and is stable enough to watch and see for a bit. We are hoping surgery will not be necessary, but that is a very real possibility. Please lift her up to God if you think about her.

Also, my mom is in the hospital because she has pneumonia and a blood clot on her lungs. She is doing well and will hopefully be out of the hospital in a few days, but we are obviously praying that she completely heals from this.

Finally, Asher has his follow up appointment in Cincinnati tomorrow. I am not really nervous per say, but I am a little anxious. They will check his hearing and re-assess his developmental status. I feel like Asher is doing so well, but I do worry about a couple things and it will be good to talk to the Dr. tomorrow.

On to some pictures......

Truly, these two seriously love each other...


We are whipping those 3 and 4 yr olds into shape! They are doing sit ups if you can't tell.


Asher just being cute. He looks really gangly in this picture to me.


Linny and Ming Ming have this weird wheel thing going where they do it together. It is really funny when they get a little "off" and the top hamster goes through the crack (TeeHee, that is funny to me just recalling it....I know, it doesn't take much).


Two of my sweet boys! Check out Gee's mowhawk!



So, Asher loves biter biscuits......




Asher playing with the now "big kids." They were very gentle and sweet that he was interrupting their play time (yes, I realize Madeline looks like a ragamuffin....just keeping it real).


Asher wedged until the end table after his backwards crawl. He does this All The Time.


Where's the baby?




Home made wheat hamburger buns. Seriously, I am about done buying bread product. I love the home made stuff. The kids do also. And with my Kitchen Aid, it is super easy. The only bread I really still buy is whole wheat sandwich bread and that isn't all the time. Sometimes I make loaves of bread but it can be a pain to "have" to have it all the time. Next I am going to make bagels and english muffins!


Home made wheat donuts. You bake these, not fry them. They were yummy, but certainly not the same as a Krispy Kream. I nice treat though!




Canned chicken. Two of our birds yielded 6 pints of shredded chicken and 5 quarts of condensed broth. I plan to do more of this!!




Julie

1 comment:

  1. Are you a recipe sharer?? I'm interested in your wheat donuts and wheat buns! I could google, but it's always nice to get a recipe from a friend! =)

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."