Monday, September 28, 2009

Home again....

We just got back from another camping trip. It was very wet, but very fun. We were suppose to come home yesterday, but luckily we were able to stay an extra night. We were barely there on Saturday due to coming home for Logan's soccer game and going to church Saturday night, so the extra was a welcome change. The kids had fun riding their bikes through all the puddles. Oh man, they got messy!

We are finally starting our home schooling tomorrow. Yes, a little late, but we should still be done by the end of April. So, I am not too stressed. Leah is going to have her hands full with Jr. High co-op and her regular school work, but I think she will do well. She is already working hard to get things organized and she has already done well on the couple co-op tests she has taken. In general, I am looking forward to getting school going. There's a routine associated with our school time schedule that is comforting. We just got Leah and Logan's achievement tests back last week and I was pleased to see they did really well. To be honest, I don't so much "get in to" achievement test. I think people can make way too big of a deal out of them. Then, the kids find out their grades/their peers grades and mentally place themselves on some silly scale of intelligence. But, Leah and Logan are required to take them and since it is the only test they take outside of their regular home schooling, well, I like to see them do well.

So, fall is officially here and that makes me happy. Today is even a little bit nippy outside. Very nice. My garden is dying down, the grass needs mowed less, the bugs are started to die (we just need a couple good frosts) and my life is getting a little easier. I guess that is a good things considering home schooling pretty much consumes my whole morning on any given day.

Well, I am obviously starting to ramble, so time to go. Nothing exciting on the adoption front. I e-mailed my case worker last Friday to see if we can expect our 2nd medicals any time soon and our while our agency did get some 2nd medicals last week, Asher's was not one of them. Bummer. Come on already!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."