Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nothing new......

I just wanted to pop in and say, nothing new is going on.  Besides being busy the last week or so, we haven't had internet (*gasp*), hence the no posts.

We are 5th/6th in line for our little boy (as of last week) and the wait is starting to get a little agonizing.  On a "good" note, we have been extremely busy lately and that helps a little with the wait.  Although I always seem to have time to think about little bean and what he is like/doing right now.

The coop is painted and I will include pics as soon as I can.  It looks good and I am pretty happy with it.  We have not finished the fenced in area off the back yet (although the trench for the fence has been dug) so the poor chicks have not been out and about yet and they probably won't be for another couple weeks or so.  Also, we got two more chicks.  They are standard sized roosters because we needed one or two for our hens.  They are very cute and actually quite sweet.  We may have to give away one of our bantams.  I hate to do that because he/she is probably the prettiest one out of the 6, but he/she is quite aggressive.  I put our two 1 week old roosters in with the 6, 3 week old bantams (who are all about the same size) and that one bantam kept charging the rooster chicks and for the 4 hours they were in there, he/she would not let them get water/food.  The poor guys were huddled in a corner when I pulled them out and put them back in their own brooder box.  I have not given up on it yet, but we really have no place for a chicken that can't get along.

Well, we are leaving in two days for our annual trip to Canada!  I love this trip because once we are there, it is very relaxing.  However, packing is very time consuming.  Especially this year because I am trying to bring everything I can from home because I know things will be pricey up there.  This week is proving to be exceptionally busy, not including the packing, so I am in a bit of a tizzy.  Also, when we get home we will be turning right around and going camping for a long weekend.  And then, the day we get back from camping (Sunday), Leah and her friend have to be in Columbus because they are going to camp for a week.  Oh man, I am going to be sooooo busy.......

Ok, well off I go to pack.  

Julie


1 comment:

  1. Julie - I really don't know how you do it all! Do you sleep? Can I have some of your energy? I'm dragging with just the 3! Hope to catch up with you soon...
    -mj

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."