Friday, May 8, 2009

My baby girl is 3 today......

Well, since it is 1:11 am it is officially Anna's birthday!  This is incredibly hard for me to believe.  I remember her first birthday.  I made cupcakes and spent the afternoon delivering them to loved ones and taking pictures.  Praise God she was home for her second birthday and we threw her a big princess party!  It was fun and very pink!  This year it is going to be pretty low key.  We are going to take her to the park for a picnic.  I am going to let her help me make her cake in the morning and we will take that and her princess plates and a picnic lunch to the park.  I think she will really like that.  My nephews are here at the house and she loves them, so that will make it extra special for her.  We will give her her presents from our immediate family (can we say "princess" stuff) and just enjoy being together.  Later in the evening we are headed to my aunts house to celebrate Mother's Day on my side of the family.  We will celebrate her birthday again with them.  We already celebrated with Ryan's side of the family.  I really do think she will have a good day.  Oh and I forgot, she got to pick out a special donut at the grocery to eat for breakfast.  That will certainly beat her regular breakfast of oats or eggs!

I really can't tell you how much I love this girl.  She is beautiful in every way and I am still in awe that she is ours.  Tears are seriously streaming down my face right now as I reflect on Anna's life thus far.  I remember her first little picture I saw on the computer screen.  I knew I wanted her from that very moment.  Now, she is my daughter.  It is amazing.  Anna is a funny, sensitive, curious, smart, perceptive and loving 3 year old.  I am so proud of her and so incredibly blessed to have her in my life!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."