Friday, April 1, 2011

First track meet, Little lady #2 is getting big and another new baby!

Leah had her first track meet yesterday. She did great and we are really proud of her! Running her relay..... In between matches sucking on a highly nutritious tootsie pop. Next to her is a really sweet gal Leah runs with. We were struck with how much they look alike. It was really kind of wierd. Asher even called the new girl "Weah" when he first saw her. So, Madeline got her first official babysitting job this morning. She watched Asher for me while I fed Sparky (who is doing well, thank you very much). She was so mature about it. She even took his snack away from him before I even left because she did not want him to "choke on too big of bites." When I came back in (after like 5 minutes), she very maturely told me that Asher was a good boy for her. It was really cute and really she did a great job with him. I think they just rolled the ball accross the kitchen floor the whole time. Another cow update.... We have another new calf. We think it is a heifer, although I didn't get a great look. The funny thing is that she is all black. No, this is not typical with "White" Parks. It really is a genetic flaw of sorts. It does happen within the breed, but only when a bull and cow are both carriers of the gene. I kind of wish she had been a "he." Then we would just grow the calf out for meat, which we can still do even if it is a heifer, but just not as ideal. We will not include this calf in the breeding "program" because she does not meet the breed standard. Nuts. However, she (and mama) seem to be doing well, which is all I really care about right now. I will get pics as soon as I find my camera! Julie

1 comment:

  1. Gesh, your blog is soooo hard to read when clumped together like that. What, do you know nothing about computers and how to appropriately type a text???? Get a grip!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."