Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Official...

Well, we officially accepted little Mussie's referral today. I am just so thrilled. We all are. I can just hardly believe that this precious little baby is going to, Lord willing, be ours. I feel the need to add here that while we are thrilled to be pursuing Mussie as our son, our case worker has cautioned us that we can release Mussie's referral at any point from now until we go to court. We have no intentions of doing that, but if something very serious were to come up (ie a family member showing up or a medical issue we are unable to deal with) we could lose Mussie. Like I said, that is VERY unlikely to happen, but with our past adoption history, I am never going to say that something "won't happen" ever again. I try not to focus on losing our little guy because it is very unlikely to happen, but for everyone's sake, I think it is a good idea to mention the possibility.

I am starting to focus more now on how life will be when Mussie (that is what we will call him for now) gets home and I am getting excited to start preparing for him! I am just so very happy and feel so blessed!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Julie!! So excited and will pray for the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. julie i will be praying for your little mussie!!

    cant wait to see his pic!!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."