Monday, July 4, 2011

15 years and a lost tooth!

July 20th marks 15 years that I have been married to my wonderful husband. In celebration of that, I swept him away for last week for a little trip. I have been planning this trip for months. Last Tuesday evening he came home to a treasure hunt of sorts that Leah and Logan had planned. Their were 15 clues with each clue having the number 15 in it. The last clue brought him to our bedroom where our bag was packed, t-shirts had been made (thank you cheap Vista Print deal) and tickets were displayed. We left 9 hours later for our flight to Bermuda. I have never done anything like this before and Ryan was caught so off guard that we had a hard time even reading whether or not he was even cool with it. He was and we had a wonderful time. We have never both left the kids for longer than a night so this was a very, very new thing for us. We were gone for 4 full days and 3 nights and got back late Saturday. The kids did great, which honestly was our greatest concern. Thank you to our super awesome babysitters (Eva and my in laws Rick and Deb) who kept them busy with activities and made it a lot of fun for mommy and daddy to be gone. Also, thanks to Leah and Logan for being a big help, I felt way more comfortable leaving knowing that they were there to lend a hand.

So, of course Bermuda was amazing. It has very quickly become one of my top places to visit. The flight was relatively short and I found tickets a couple months back for what I felt were pretty reasonable. We stayed in a mid range hotel which had everything we needed and we almost literally spent 3 days on a little motor scooter that we piddled around the island in. I will remember that trip for the rest of my life and I hope Ryan does too. Speaking of Ryan, I could not feel more blessed to be married to my best friend for 15 years. Really, I am in awe that I am able to spend my life with this man that I just keep loving more and more. I don't take this for granted.

Ok, so to change subjects, Anna lost her first tooth last night. She told us yesterday morning that is was loose and by about 11:00 pm it was out. I am still a little surprised by it all. Maddie is older and the only loose tooth she has was knocked loose. Anna was so proud and the tooth fairy left her a little green present under her pillow. **Sigh** I guess my babies are getting big......

Happy 4th all!! We will be taking the kids to see the Urbana fireworks tonight with my sisters and my mom and step dad. They should love that. Well, all except Asher. Surprisingly he doesn't seem to love the fireworks. I figured if for nothing else he would love how loud they were, but nope. We saw a few small ones last night and he laid his head against me the whole time. Hmph.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."