Friday, June 17, 2011

Family from up north.

Much of my dad's family lives in Michigan. Well, my Aunt Sandy, Uncle Steve and cousin Misty were here visiting some this evening. They came to the house for a bit and then we met the rest of the fam for dinner. I love spending time with then. They are just fun, down to earth people. Plus, Uncle Steve is the closest thing I think I have to seeing my dad in bodily form. From what I hear their personalities were somewhat different, but I think they looked alike, especially in stature. We had a great visit but for some reason I left a little sad. Unfortunately I have no memories of my dad, but there have been a few times in my life where I have really missed him. Tonight was one of those nights. How you really miss someone you never really knew, well I have no clue, but it just seemed like he should have been there, with his brother, with us.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."