Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finally, an update..

First off, sorry for such a long delay. We have been more busy than I can say. Lots of hard work. Not to mention a vacation to Canada in there.

First off, an Anna funny. We were coming out of a store this afternoon and I commented how Anna would make a great mommy some day. Anna's reply was "yes, I will be a really good mommy and I won't spank." I said, "oh, ok, well, if you don't discipline your kids how will they grow up to be nice adults (not that I think spanking is the only way to discipline)?" Anna's reply was "well, I WILL spank them when they get big." Ummm, good luck with that.

Oh and I love how mashed potatoes are "smashed" potatoes in this family. I don't want to forget stuff like that.

So, this pic is of Asher's little family birthday party. We went to the park and really it was lots of fun.

Presents......



Just a "swingin."



The fam at the park (minus Anna - off playing and Leah - at school).




For Memorial Day we went to the cemetary where my dad, two grandpa's, a great aunt and a great grandma is buried. It was good to visit and remember these lives.


My dad's grave. It's a shame he never really got to see his kids grow up and to see his amazing grandkids. God has a way of filling empty spaces though.......




My Grandpa Wren's grave. Leah and Logan did get to know him some.




Our annual fishing trip was fun, but man we had to work hard to catch fish. It was crazy.


Ryan and a nice bass. I think it was a smallmouth.




Ok, see the snake is this picture? Super big and creepy and under our dock! We heard it was a fox snake? I still say it was a rattler.




Maddie driving the boat. Scary.




The boys swimming. This picture reminds me of how different Gee and Asher are. Gideon (while I was really proud of him for getting in, Anna wouldn't even consider it) clung to Ryan and freaked if he couldn't cling properly. Asher was just ready to dive over the side. I even have a picture of him just bawling that he couldn't get in at first.




Two very large mouths.



Log had a rough couple first days, but he picked up a few later in the week. Good job Log!



What do three 4 and 5 yr olds do on a boat for 8 hours? Why, they play itouches.




Me and my very nice Walleye.





To come is pictures of life around here. You must see our little twinlet calves and Logan's 4H calf is coming this weekend. Plus, our barn is built and our pasture is almost fenced in. Told ya we've been busy!


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."