Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Seeds are here!

Yeah! My seed arrived yesterday and I must say, they are very pretty. I have been reading up on planting heirloom seeds quite a bit and I am a bit worried. It is going to be tricky to plant them without worrying about cross pollination. Or I could just not worry about using the seeds year to year and then cross pollination wouldn't be a problem. But then that would defeat the purpose for me a bit. Hmmmmm......still not sure how I want to go about this. Anyways, here are a couple new types I am going to try:

These are suppose to be really good for canning. I think they look cool.


These look really interesting! A cross between a cherry and tomato?

All the prettiness!

I am not totally sure why I felt the need to include this picture. Leah snapped it of me while we were waiting in the Dr.'s office for her sports physical. Which, let me add here, was really rushed. My very fickle 13 yr old wanted to run track, then didn't want to run track, then back and forth about 200 times. She finally decided she for sure wasn't going to do it. Track sign ups came and went, track practices started and all of the sudden Leah decides she just really wants to join in. ARGH! So we rushed her sports physical in (our Dr.'s office was very accomodating) and the rest is history.


Eggs in a basket. Can you tell those are suppose to be heart shaped? No, I don't always make bigger breakfasts, I don't want you think I am a super mom. This morning we had "toasted oats" (aka generic cheerios) and bananas. These eggs in a basket though are always a hit with the kids.



Bread made with my new bread recipe! I am so very happy with this recipe and it even easier than my old recipe. This is even made 100% with my freshly ground whole wheat flour. Let me know if you want the recipe.



Perfect sandwich bread!


Things are busy around here as usual. We had some sickies here on and off over the last week, but I think all is on the mend. March is pretty busy for us because we have about 50-ish birthdays going on, 4 of which are in our immediate family. Plus, next weekend Leah and I will be gone all weekend to a quizzing tournament. That will be lots of fun, but it will be a little hard for me to leave the rest of the family for a very full weekend. Bless Ryan's heart for single parenting for the weekend.
Our White Parks are doing pretty good although it seems as if one are two are getting closer to giving birth than we thought. This could be bad if they birth too early. We are hoping their due dates are off. It would really stink to loose a calf.
Well, until later!
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."