Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Logan!! (an update also)

Well, my firstborn son was born 11 years ago today. He was induced two weeks early and was 8lbs 14oz. He was beautiful and extremely easy to be in love with. I know people say this all the time, but time just flies. I remember his birth so clearly. Now he is truly becoming a little man. His is starting to show how mature he can be and I adore his willing spirit. Logan is such a gift to our family. I love him way more than I can type on this blog. Happy Birthday dude!!!

Madeline, Anna and Gee drew pictures for Logan and suprised him by "cleaning" his room and putting the pictures on the door.



Here's Logan tonight eating his requested apple crisp.


At mama and papa's Sunday.


At our house Sunday (yes two parties in one day).


A cow/calf update...... Things are going well. Mama cow and twinlet at the farm seem to be doing really well. It appears that mama passed all/most of her ickies and it also appears that twinlet is nursing. Yeah, big praise! Bottle baby (unofficially named Sparky by my BIL Jason) seems to be doing really, really well. She ate like a champ today and by the end of the day she was even trying to nurse the bottle like she is suppose to. Like actually rooting for the nipple and latching on. I would say I am pretty optimistic for her at this point. We even found a superd farmer that gave us a gallon of precious colosrum. It is a guess as to whether it will do her much good, but hey, it doesn't hurt. She is still not eating two full bottles like most calves her age, but I bet she will be by tomorrow. I am giving her 4 to 5 smaller feeding instead of 2 big ones to help her stay healthy. I will feel much better though if in a week she is still doing good. I think she is still at risk for many things..... Thank you for praying and please keep her in your prayers (all of them really).
On a side note, I am not so sure I am cut out for this livestock thing. I can see myself getting a little too attched to the "stock."
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."