Thursday, August 11, 2011

Logie is gone.....

So I whine when Leah is gone, so it is only right that you here my whine when Logan is gone. Well, really I miss him a TON. He went to Vineyard camp ALL BY HIMSELF. I am so proud of him and I am sure he is having a great time, but man, this is by far the longest he has ever been gone. Our home is certainly not the same without him here. Having him gone and knowing that in a week and a half he and Leah will be gone all day, well it is about more than this sappy mama can handle. I like being with my kids. I have gotten accustomed to being with them 24/7. I prefer it that way. But alas, life is every changing and life this year takes Leah and Logan to West Liberty. I recognize that this is something that a wide majority of people have dealt with since their kids were 5, but I haven't and it is a very difficult switch.

So last night Ryan and I ended up going to the beef steer show at our county fair. It was pretty cool. Leah watched the kiddos for us. I am starting to love when Leah sits for us. I come home to a clean house and pretty happy kids. Last night I came home to some amazing artwork. She even wrote on the sheet what each kids said the picture was about. Priceless.

Here are some close ups:






The whole thing, on our bedroom wall:



This picture makes me scratch my head. Anna obviously got a hold of my camera at some point. I think this is taken in the chicken "barn" at the fair. Gotta watch that girl.




Our fair booth won first place out of all the booths. We worked hard on this and our win was pretty impressive considering all the booths there. Here are some close ups of Leah and Logan's stuff:












The whole booth:




Until next time,


Julie














No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."