Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Anniversary of a Miracle!

Exactly one year ago tonight Ryan and I took Asher to a Columbus ER on our way home from church. We were up all night shuffling the other 5 kids home and getting transferred (by squad no less) to Nationwide Children's hospital. I remember that night so very clearly. I won't replay all the details, but I will tell you God was there. I was more scared than I had ever been, but at the same time I experienced the peace of God more clearly than ever before. Early in the wee hours of Valentines Day 2010 Asher was admitted for Bacterial Menengitis. I know we have never been so close to losing a child. I also know that God saved Asher, not only from possible death but also from serious complications.

I still reflect often on the love that was poured out to us from friends and family. People took care of our kids so Ryan could be with us as much as possible. They brought food to the house and just made a hard situation as easy a possible. Above everything though, it was the prayers that we felt the most. I have no doubt that Asher is here and is who he is today because of the hundreds of people that lifted him up to God. In hindsight, as heart-breaking as that situation was, it was probably one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced.

Today Asher is strong, happy and healthy and I do not take that for granted. I just praise God.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."