Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kid updates.....

As I am waiting for my apples to soften (to make into applesauce) I thought I would update you on the kiddos.

Leah:

She is enjoying 7th grade. I think she likes public school and she is doing really well. She is working hard and already getting really good grades. I think she is making friends also, which is good. Although, can we say drama? Holy cow, what is with middle school girls? So far it doesn't seem Leah is directly involved in the craziness.

Leah is still taking gymnastics and she really, really enjoys it. She is panning to join the track team this coming spring and she is already starting to run when she gets the chance. She and Logan are still taking piano.

Logan:

Logan is playing soccer again this year in our local recreation league. I think this is year 4 or 5 for him. He usually plays goalie and he really does a great job. I love watching him. His first game was last Saturday and he even made a goal. Yeah!!! That is not the norm for him because he rarely plays forward.

We are starting school next week (the plan was to start this week) and Logan is technically in 5th grade. He is already taking a Science class with our local home school co-op. With Leah gone, it is so good to have Logan home. Someone else to have an intelligent conversation with is always good!

Madeline:

Madeline will be starting Kindergarten next week with Logan. I am kind of excited to get her started. I really think it will be great for Madeline. She needs something like this to keep her busy and she is so itching to learn. She also has a very good attention span, which will be great.

Madeline (along with Anna and Gee) is playing soccer this year for the first time, I am her coach. Our team is great, we have my 3 little ones, my niece Katelyn and twin boys. So, only two last names on the whole team. Our first game was Wednesday and it was crazy. Madeline did great though and scored two goals!

We are still having some trouble with Madeline getting out of bed and such, but it is better. Praise God. I am also seeing a maturity in Madeline these days that makes me very sad and proud all at the same time.

Anna:

Anna won't technically be starting Kindergarten next week. I really do not feel she is even really close to ready yet, although I am starting to see a spark for learning in her. I will however let her (and Gee) participate as much as they want to, but I am not going to push it at all with them if they'd rather go play.

Anna likes to play soccer, but I think she likes getting to play with her cousin more. She (and Gee) get a little goofy when they get around Katelyn and it is all about a good time. In our game on Wednesday she was about in tears after only being on the field for a couple minutes. She said she didn't want to play and I think it was because she hadn't kicked the ball yet.

Something I am noticing more and more about Anna is that she is learning to hold her emotions in, which can be both good and bad. Anna is kind of going through a funny stage right now though and it is just enjoyable. She is a little bit sassy and she is at that stage where she is putting the particulars of life together and she is making comments based on her conclusions. I find myself thinking a lot "where did she pick that up at?"

Gideon:

Gee is doing good. We still have trouble with him taking forever to eat when it is something he doesn't love (which is a lot), but we have a system that seems to get us through. We are going to take him back to the dentist because I think his teeth are bothering him some.

Gideon really does a good job with soccer. I am impressed that he doesn't let the other kids intimidate him and he just gets out there and does his thing. He has good ball control and he pays attention pretty good.

Gideon is still a tender-hearted little guy. I love this about him although it can be a little difficult at times. A couple weeks ago Asher had my phone and Gee told me about it. I asked Gee to go and get it from Asher for me. I watched him and he went to grab it from Asher and Asher wouldn't give it to him. Gideon got into a tugging match with Asher and Asher won. I know ti was because Gideon didn't want to hurt Asher or make him sad. Very sweet eh?

Asher:

Asher walks more than anything now. He really even barely crawls anymore (Julie wipes tear). He has been cranky for about 6 weeks now and now he has a cruddy nose. Ick. He has 4 big teeth coming in though so I guess he has an excuse. Asher is a stinker. He is little a mini tornado going through my house. He leaves a mess wherever he's been. He loves to pull my measuring cups out of their drawer, his cloth diapers out and the DVD's out of the entertainment center. We try to close these things off, but that doesn't always get done. Oh well, I guess it is just part of having a toddler.

Asher was taking medicine twice a day for his reflux. I hated giving him meds, but they seemed to help. Well, about a month ago I took him off of that and he rarely spits up. I honestly believe his issues are all related to milk. He is still on soy and almond milk and he does well with it. I tried lactose free milk a few weeks back and he spit up a ton and had very runny stool. He can only tolerate a little cheese/yogurt also, which stinks.

So, there are the kiddos. All are doing well, praise God. Ryan and I are doing good also. Colepak has been busy to varying degrees for Ryan, which all in all is a blessing. He is still keeping books for a local guy and that is taking a little more time than I thought it would, but it is ok. Ryan (and Jason) is coaching Logan's soccer team and I know he enjoys getting to spend that time with Logan. I am still canning, freezing and dehydrating. I am also doing some organizational overhauling in the house which is much needed. We are looking to put in a pond, build a barn, put in a fence and buy some cattle in the next 6 months, so prepping and praying about that can be pretty time consuming also. I am trying to get all my loose ends tied in anticipation of school next week.

Thanks for catching up with us!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 10:14, 17-18

"You are the helper of the fatherless.  LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."